The Audacity of the 21st Century

21st Century Learning...it's out there all over the educational landscape, and it's truly very exciting; I'm wondering - how do I guarantee content, so as not to lose the meat of what my students need to know.  You know, having students understand human nature, struggles, defeats and successes, like Edmund Burke said, "Those that don't know history are destined to repeat it."  Yikes!  I'd better ensure my students can function in the 21st century as a safe, responsible and meaningful contributor, but also know about history.  

This is why I am turning to Audacity - hopefully, it shall save the 21st century learner!  In a way that engages 14-year-olds to think, create and evaluate, Audacity has the, uh...audacity to provide students with a forum to think about historical concepts, ideas and people in a modern-day forum.  Setting the constructs to be age and developmentally appropriate is essential, but I'm hoping that this educational experiment be a positive risk-taking venture.  I'm hoping to give my students a forum that excites, engages, reflects, studies and creates.  We shall see, and I shall keep you posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maslow's Hierarchy of School Needs (Steve Guditus)

37 inspirational ideas to kickoff your school year (Steve Guditus @sguditus)

Educator Evaluation Process: It's About Growth and Reflection @sguditus