10 Ways Social Media Makes Me A Better Leader (Steve Guditus)
How can social media help make me be a better leader? Let me count the ways:
- Exposure to new educational research.
- Awareness of educational trends.
- Sharing (and stealing) of best practices.
- An increased ability to connect staff members with relevant resources.
- Pro-active (not reactive) school PR: instead of waiting for a parent/guardian to reach out to inquire, I can share relevant pictures, quotes, ideas and videos of learning occurring - usually in real time!
- Support on my personal journey to be a lifelong learner and expand my horizons.
- Empower staff, students and me to be creative with ideas and make new connections.
- Differentiate staff professional development.
- Exposure to web 2.0 tools that students and staff can and should be using the classroom.
- Collaborate with folks by having ideas challenges, expanding my PLN and connecting with educators out there with similar (and different) philosophies.
- Eric Sheninger (@NMHS_Principal)'s conversation on social media and the six pillars of leadership 2.0: http://www.schoolbriefing.com/3839/social-media-and-the-six-pillars-of-leadership-2-0/)
- Scott Rocco (@ScottRRocco )'s 5 reasons for social media in education: http://www.edsocialmedia.com/2013/01/5-reasons-for-social-media-communication-in-education/